April 7, 2016
HISTORICAL MOMENT IN LATINO COMMUNITY AS FAMOUS LOCAL ARTISTS PERFORM TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME
Video Premiere will be released on Poder’s Facebook Page on Friday, April 8th at 5pm
On Saturday, April 30th Poder 97.1 FM (pronounced Poe-there) will host a special event that will bring together a dozen famous Latino musicians and performers from the Rochester Latino community. The event (Música Para Gozar/Music to Enjoy) will take place at the Diplomat Banquet Center at 1956 Lyell Avenue at 8 p.m. and is expected to attract more than 300 people. Everyone is welcome to attend.
In recognition of the launch of Poder 97.1, the first and only 24-hour Latin radio station in Rochester, the individuals below voluntarily united to compose and record a short song to specifically mark this milestone. The video for this song will be released on Poder’s Facebook page on Friday, April 8th at 5 pm:
• Lucas Santana – Luca Santana Jazztet (author, composer and producer of the song)
• Angel Lopez – musical director and producer
• Johnny Vega – long time writer, singer who performed with Fania Records in the 1970s
• Ramon (Bonitillo) Guetierrez- singer for Nextlevel
• Jenna Cabrera – singer for Nextlevel
• Eddie Gonzalez -singer for Rhythm Six
• Luis “Guiso” Rivera – singer for La Muralla
• Hector Diaz – bassist for Orquesta Antonetti
• Malcom Williamson – independent
• Noel Leon – singer for Orquesta Antonetti
• JR- piano -independent
• Sebastian Sanchez – ACME Studios recording engineer
The experience of this group dates as far back as the 1960s and is cross-generational. This is the first time all these noted musicians have assembled to perform together. On Saturday, April 30th, they will perform a number of different songs from 8 – 12 p.m. Poder’s deejays will also be in attendance to greet guests and play music.
Tickets for the event are $15 per person and will be sold at Ibero’s main office at 817 East Main Street, Sobrinos on Norton and Clinton, D’Mangu on East Henrietta, and Burgos Income Tax at 1816 North Clinton Avenue.
For questions and media interviews, please contact Poder’s General Manager at Julio.Saenz@iaal.org or by phone at 714-552-3896.